Offering graphic design, video production and web experience underpinned by a passion for interactive media.
- Experienced in cross-functional team environments.
- Competent at building client relationships while working through the concept to completion stages of a project.
- Skilled at using a consultative approach with users and key stakeholders.
- Consistent record of completing projects on time and on budget.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Quark, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut.
- Experienced with both PC and MAC computer environments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Visio and Project.
- Currently working on my professional development in the area of web design.
"David is a master at any task he is presented with, going above and beyond requirements. His creative talents, eye for detail, and professionalism would be an asset to any employer."
- Cheryl A. Lamphere, Marketing Consultant, Projectline
Principal Videographer/Video Editor
Santa Clara Mental Health Department, San Jose, CA, June 2013 -July 2013
Principal Videographer in the production of interactive training and community panel discussion videos to train police officers in the area of mental health awareness. Worked with the director, client and principal actors to portray individuals with autism, depression due to the loss of a loved one, bipolar and schizophrenia. The videos are part of a 40-hour intensive training program developed by Santa Clara Mental Health Department.
My roles included:
- Preproduction activities related to managing customer relations, coordinating rented video gear and supporting the director.
- Camera operation, lighting, audio and technical duties during production.
- Post-production tasks including editing, customer reviews and authoring videos to make them interactive.
Detonics Defense Technologies, Millstadt, IL, March 2013 -June 2013
Worked remotely with the technical expert and principle supervisor to meeting critical deadlines on a pioneering training program that was co-developed with by Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. When deployed this program will be used by law enforcement agencies across the United States.
- Video production, editing and effects animation of interactive training videos.
Manager of Content Assets/Graphic Designer
Advanced Interactive Systems, 1997-2013
As an asset manager I implemented, negotiated and monitored the company content asset programs. I increased revenue and asset values through identifying efficiencies, policy updates and development of content.
- Developed filming process for the production of multi-screen content in support of the Air Marshal programs.
- Adapted existing technologies to conversational and mental illness awareness training for law enforcement and military applications.
- Prototyped an application for tablet devices to bridge the gap between classroom instruction and full engagement training. This prototype created a new market opportunity.
- Trained over 150 customer personnel in authoring custom content.
- Produced and directed over 1,200 training scenarios.
- Consistently generated 60% profit margin on all medium-to-large content production.
- Key member of the marketing team as a graphic designer. My responsibilities included logo design, sales sheets, trade show graphics and exhibit design, print ads and photography of brand assets.
Web Design Certificate in progress, Bellevue College
- Designing Effective Websites
- HTML: Level 1 and 2
- CSS: Level 1
- User Experience Design
Early Career Summary
Art Director, Spacecopies, 1995-1997
Customer Service, American Flyer, 1991-1995
Graphic Designer, Chandler Design, 1987-1991
Associates of Arts (AA), Visual Communications, Art Institute of Seattle, 1986
Associates of Arts and Science (AAS), Fine Art, The University of Montana-Western, 1983